What is Python Programming Language?
Introduction to Python : Python is general purpose , high level programming language.
General purpose means we can develop any type of applications such as web application, machine application etc.
And high level means human understandable language.
“Guido van Rossum ” developed python in 1989 at national research at Netherland. The python officially available in 1991 to user.
What is python
Introduction to Python python is programming for the absolute beginner
Python is basic programming language. After c programming language Python is second programming language which is preferred to learn . Python is highly recommended language to learn. It is very easy to learn python.
In Python we can implement big functionality in less code. It is most easy programming language.
Most of syntax from C and ABC language.
Guido while developing language he borrowed features from almost all language.
Functional programming – from C programming
Oop programming – from CPP
Scripting features – from perl and shell
Modular features – modula
That’s why python has all features.
Python Syntax compared to other programming languages : Python syntax is very easy as compare to other languages.
Why name Python?
After developing the language developers want to give some popular common fun name to language. In year 1969 – 1974 their is a one popular TV show monty python’s flying circus running in BBC. After seeing this TV show developer ( Guido van Rossum) named language as Python programming language.
- we can write program easily with less code.
- Python is dynamically typed language : we not require to define type of variable , Python automatically assigns type to variable according to value that we provided.
- semicolon type of terminology not allowed.
- Python borrowed all featured from almost all programming language.
- Most of the syntax from c and ABC language.
What is Python used for?
lets see Where we can use Python? or Applications of Python.
- To develop desktop applications.
- For networking application.
- To develop database application : Python provides inbuilt modules for developing db application.
- To develop Web applications.
- Developing games
- Machine learning
- For mobile based applications Python is not much suitable.
Which companies using Python?
Companies which uses python programming language are Google , openstack, YouTube , Dropbox, NASA , network security, Facebook Etc.
Why is python so popular?
- Basic programming language.
- Easy to learn.
- Features from almost all language like c, cpp, Perl, etc
- Big functionality is less code.
- To develop different type of applications.