Introduction to C++
C++ is general purpose programming language.
C++ is middle level language.it comprises both low level language and middle level language features.
It is developed by bjarne stroupstrup in AT & T bell laboratory in USA.
It is object oriented programming language.
c++ is case sensitive language.
4 pillars of object oriented programming:-
Wrapping of the data into single unit is known as encapsulation.
Abstraction means bidding of the data.
Deriving new class from base class is called aa inheritance.
It means having one name with multiple form.
Features of object oriented programming
- Emphasis is on data rather than procedure.
- Programs are divided into what are known as objects.
- Data structure are designed such that they characterized the object.
- Function that operate on the data of an object are tied together in the data structure.
- Data is hidden and cannot be accessed by external function.
- Objects may communicate with each other through function.
- Implies bottom up approach in program design.
- New data and functions can be easily added whenever necessary.
Characteristics of object oriented programming
- Objects are basic run time entity in cpp.
- The data type of class are abstract data type.
- Function is method to access the private data which belongs to same class .
- It can encapsulate the data .
- C++ strongly support reusability things.
- Object may communicate with one another with the help of message passing.
- Polymorphism is also main characteristics of oop which provides function overloading and operator overloading.
- Abstract which hides the unnecessary information and gives necessary information.
- C++ can access the global data type (user defined and in built data type similarly).